Monday, March 22, 2010

Fri 22nd Mar - Nikita & Class A @ Doctor Pong + Idea Idea


You know the cliche term 'ladies night' well I think I actually had one Friday night. Nikkita and Class A did a set at Doctor Pong in Darlinghurst then at a warehouse party in St Peter Idea Idea performed to enthusiastic party goers.

Idea Idea are so cool... they're really just so cool, fantastic live production with vocals additions by Lanie Lane. Lane has a real softness and ease with such length to her voice that oozes prettiness. I was really impressed by their performance at last year's High and Dry Festival so I was pleased when I had the opportunity to see them again this weekend. I have nothing but nice things to say about Idea Idea, if they have any down sides I haven't seen them especially when they have an instrumental interlude including a Billy Jean rendition. All I did was stand by myself and listen occasionally turning to a friend to say something along the lines of 'how awesome' always receiving a reply with a big grin and a nodding head.

I had never been to Doctor Pong before so it was nice to get to a new venue and on that note the venue was nice. The sound a bit iffy and the bathrooms enough to make you go insane with the crazy mirror on mirror action - to a stranger's amusement I walked straight into a mirror in the desperate search for a cubicle. Nikkita and Class A are so talented and gorgeous, with their voices now gelling well together they have just the right amount of confidence. Enough to get themselves up on a usually male dominated stage but not too much that you want to shut them up. In fact they could have just kept on rapping without a doubt from the audience, if only they hadn't been locked into such a short set. The ladies saying so themselves, that rehearsal and gig are kept short with Class A living in Melbourne and Nikkita here in Sydney. They played another gig on Saturday night at Platform 3 the hip hop festival that runs yearly at CarriageWorks but again only a short set. I'm looking forward to seeing them support Talib Kweli in Melbourne during April and I'm also looking forward to Class A's album release later in the year.


The Beautiful Class A's film clip for her track 'Fitzroy' can be viewed by clicking the link below.

You Tube - Class A - Fitzroy

http://www.blogger.com/www.myspace.com/classamc

You can get a taste of what Nikkita is all about on her myspace

www.myspace.com/nikkitamc

As for Idea Idea I have no way of tracking them down but you can listen to the lovely Miss Lanie Lane on her myspace

www.myspace.com/lanielanemusic


Image from Nikkita myspace

3 comments:

  1. wow ive never heard of these people but ehy sound to be good muso's ill defs check em out. seeing Taib Kweli should be pretty good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say ditto to Alistair, but liked your post again. It's a good information for someone like me, who hardly knows anything about music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nehal. Im glad you have been able to get something out of it.

    ReplyDelete